Saturday, October 6, 2012

One Layer Cards

I have been on a one layer card kick lately!  Apparently, I am still caught up in it!  Below are some of the latest creations using that technique.  Some of these were made on a stamping retreat last weekend, others were made one night this past week.  I imagine there will be more to come as I find time to get my hands all inky!!!

First up is one celebrating the sun and a great image/sentiment stamp from Wordsworth.

 
The next one is outside my comfort zone, but sometimes you just gotta try it and see what happens!  This one is definitely colorful and I kinda like the way it turned out! I borrowed the balloon stamp from a friend.  I think it may be by Just for Fun, but I can't remember.
 
 
Next, I explored my favorite color palette...PURPLE!  Nuff 'said. This one could be used for a variety of ocassions.  The sentiment is by Stampendous.
 
 
I love how the next one turned out!  I think it is one of my recent favorites!  I decided to NOT do a monochromoatic color palette with this one and it turned out AWESOME!  The sentiment is from Wordsworth.
 
 
I started trying to paint the sections using markers instead of dabbing inkpads on the acrylic block for the background.  Using that method makes it so much easier to create the kind of effect I like. The tree, sentiment and birds are all from Wordsworth.
 
 
The next two use the same color combination, but I used different shaped blocks for the backgrounds. Thinking of You Sentiment by Hero Arts.  The second sentiment from Wordsworth.
 
 
 
The last one I have to share features an old sentiment stamp from Wordsworth.  I love how dramatic this one is.  I love the green monochromatic background.  Definitely another one of my favorites!
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your colors and cards.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!
I love your cards, especially the turquoise ones with dandelions! I love collecting craft supplies as well!😉
Have fun creating and thank you for sharing,
Sam